Sunday, July 6, 2008

First haircut

I have been telling people it was traumatic, and they assume I mean for Joshua...but I just mean for me. Seeing all those curls going in the garbage can was very sad, but we left curls in the back. We waited until Grandma and Grandpa Rozen were here so that they could see both his crazy crazy curls and be there for an important event - that very first haircut! I did it myself while he was sitting in the bathtub, so some hair got in the tub and went down the drain, but I don't think it really clogged it up, so that's good. So I want to post some before, during, and after pictures. As his hair gets longer, we'll have to decide if we're keeping the mullet that will form...probably not, but it looks so stinking cute now. I miss his curls, but it is much easier to take care of. I wasn't super interested in buying baby gel or something like that and he'd wake up each morning and after each nap with his hair sticking straight out or straight up on one side or the other. It was endearing for awhile, but we decided it was time to get it a bit shorter. Ok here are the pictures!







4 comments:

Sydney said...

Manda the Hairstylist Panda,
Joshy may be responsible for bringing the mullet back into style, because he looks so cute! I will always remember how, after the trauma of the little guy's first haircut (trauma for you, not for Joshua,) you turned to Dad and me and said, "I need a hug!"
Love you all so much,
Mom

Tracy said...

I am so jealous that Joshy has HAIR. My cueball baby is just now getting a few strands of hair, and Ryan didn't have much more than a light, thin hair that stuck STRAIGHT out all over his head no matter what I did. You did a wonderful job on Josh's hair! It looks so very cute. It always amazes me at how a small haircut can make a babe look so much older! Also? He looks like a mix of David and Chloe in those bathtub pictures. I don't notice it often because that adorable hair gets in the way- ha!

Caldwell Chatter said...

Wow, Josh is getting so big, he is such a cute little guy. We hope all is well.

Jen said...

What a handsome little guy! He's still adorable with or without the curls.