Monday, November 17, 2008

What have I done?

Again, I don't usually do these kind of things, but again, I saw that Trina had posted it on the sisters blog, and again, I liked it! I learned a lot about Trina - maybe you'll learn a lot about me!

Of these 99 things, the ones in bold are ones I've done:

1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band *Nope...
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity *I think you'd have to define that...by my standards, no I haven't given more than I could afford
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis *Don't want to!
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped *NEVER want to!
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea *I love watching lightning storms, but I definitely don't want to at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch *Probably I have...I'm not thinking of anything specific, though...does learning how to write bubble letters count?
15. Adopted a child *Maybe someday...
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables *I've never had my own garden, but I want to grow veggies someday!
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked *Yikes - don't plan on it!
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb *I don't think I have...I've held goats...
26. Gone skinny dipping *After I was married, though...
27. Run a Marathon *I'm not a big fan of running...
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice *Maybe someday
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person *I'd like to!
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community *I definitely want to!
36. Taught yourself a new language *I learned some French, but certainly didn't teach myself
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt *Want to!
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant *Hmmm...
44. Visited Africa *I'd love to someday
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance *I've ridden in the front seat while Nathan was transported
47. Had your portrait painted *That'd be cool
48. Gone deep sea fishing *NO THANK YOU!
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China *That'd be awesome
57. Started a business *Probably won't do that
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen *I think I sang Christmas carols at a soup kitchen once when I was 15 or so, but didn't serve
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies *I never made it past Brownies, and I don't think they sold cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma *Never have been able to cuz as soon as I weighed enough, I was on medication that means I can't
65. Gone sky diving *I think I want to...
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp *I want to go to the Holocaust museum in DC, but probably not visit an actual concentration camp
67. Bounced a check *I've been overdrawn on my debit card, but not bounced an actual check
68. Flown in a helicopter *No desire to do this...I've seen too many helicopters blow up in the movies
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar *Yuck.
72. Pieced a quilt *I've helped tie quilts and have contributed a piece to a quilt, but never actually done the work of piecing it together
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades *Maybe someday
75. Been fired from a job *hopefully never!
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London *We saw the changing of the guards at the Tower of London, rather than at Buckingham Palace...and another changing of the guards in Rome, which was cool.
77. Broken a bone *Well I think I've broken my pinkie toe a time or two
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle *No desire at all
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person *Definitely want to!
80. Published a book *Probably never will
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car *Someday...
83. Walked in Jerusalem *That would be amazing
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating *Haven't done this...maybe I will someday
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life *At least I don't think so...
90. Sat on a jury *I'm sure I will sometime soon
91. Met someone famous *I can't think of anyone
92. Joined a book club *Hopefully this year I will!
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person *I'd like to!
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake *Have NO desire to do that
97. Been involved in a law suit *No desire there either
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee

Well this is definitely helpful for helping me work on my list of things I'd like to do before I die!

3 comments:

Sydney said...

Amanda the Adventurous Panda,
Your list is impressive -- EXCEPT for the part about wanting to go skydiving. No matter how old you are, your mama still gets to ground you for that one! (My heart still races just remembering the phone call from Geoff AFTER he landed safely on the ground!)
Love you so much.
Mom

treen said...

Okay, when the heck was Nathan transported in an ambulance?!?!?

2nd, I think your trip to Italy counts as seeing the birthplace of your ancestors - I wouldn't take that TOTALLY literally.

3rd, so when are you coming to visit us in DC to see the Holocaust Museum and the other stuff?

Love, Trina

Jessica said...

I bet you did sell Girl Scout cookies if you were a Brownie. That is all I ever was, and I have VIVID memories of standing in the entrance to Fred Meyer FREEZING cold selling Girl Scout Cookies.