Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A meat treat and dancing with the...?

Yesterday was a big milestone for Joshua - he was having a rather adventurous day in terms of trying new foods (he hasn't had one of those in a loooooong time), and finally ate meat that wasn't the gross Gerber baby food meat sticks. That is all he's ever been willing to eat that is meat. Anyway, he had a chicken nugget and really liked it. Not the healthiest of meats, but it's a start! He also tried a bite of my little mini cheese wheel (those little red ones covered in wax) and didn't like it, a bit of mashed potatoes (not a big fan of those either), and a bite of my Twinkie (loved it!).

And then today, he was dancing around in circles on his blue play mat holding Pooh in his arms...it was adorable - he had a huge grin on his face and I so wanted to catch the moment on film, but it just didn't quite happen - sorry. I guess you could call that a toddler version of dancing with the stars, right?

I love this baby. I'm trying out making meatloaf for the first time tonight. I decided it is high time to expand the number of things I can cook...starting with meats. Oh man I haven't posted pictures in awhile - gotta do that, huh? Oh and I updated a few of the items below to add a few more I hadn't given myself before. I think I've done 50 of the 99 things, but I didn't recount after I added some and I don't really want to...so it might not be 50.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Hey I never asked- how did the meatloaf turn out? Also, so smart to write down the special moments with your kids. They go so fast, and one neat thing about these blogs is the history they will give us with our memories of their growing up years. "Remember when he was little and I was excited when he tried a chicken nugget?" That's just hard stuff to capture in a picture album, you know?