Friday, February 6, 2009

Let's see what else...

Other than partying, we've been busy doing other things, too.

Ashley came to visit us soon after we got back from Washington. Joshy still had his splint on then. Joshy loves his aunt Ashley and it was a fun visit - she even helped us put together all those blocks! Showing off some of his new Christmas pjs, and brushing his teeth with Dada.
Working hard at trying to pick out a name for his baby brother - Mama and Dada still aren't quite sure.
I think he was kind of sick this day, or just really sleepy waking up from his nap. Here's a fairly good tummy picture of me, too...but I really should post a side-shot, just to prove how gigantic I am now. That was several weeks, ago too.
I can't believe how long his hair was! I get so sad when I cut his hair short, but we really had let it get REALLY long, huh? Here, he is singing songs and playing with his Legos - two of his favorite pasttimes.
I just really like this close-up...and the studly trucker jacket.
Joshua is really getting good at Calculus.
And then I cut his hair. Someday (maybe) I'll cut it even in the front, but I suppose if the point of a haircut is to make it shorter, I accomplished that goal. Actually in this picture it does look even...that's the thing about cutting wet hair - it looks good wet, but then when it dries, it goes all over the place. Especially extra super curly hair.
For Nathan's birthday this year, we went on our first overnight away from Joshua (long overdue...he didn't really miss us). He stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Palmer, while we had dinner at Olive Garden, caught a Comedy Sportz show, spent the night in a hotel (and had some Konditerei cake I sneakily brought with us), and then went to the temple the next day before heading home. I think Nathan enjoyed it - I know I did! Here's Nathan blowing out the candle in his gelato at Olive Garden.
Joshy modeling some watches that one of our residents gave him when he broke his arm. Kinda funny, but Joshy loves them!
He was working on his chameleon skills here.
We picked up some of the 3-D glasses at Fred Meyer to watch Chuck on Monday night...we weren't very impressed with the effect, but the glasses were pretty stinking cool.
Joshua is a big fan of boxes...I'm not sure if he was looking for any leftover Cheerios, or what, but he was having a good time.
I love this picture. Nathan's best friend Jeremy got Joshua this "NPR baby" outfit back when he worked at NPR, and it almost fits. It's pretty adorable. Joshua was reading a Grandma Loves Me book with Elmo and his pelican, and modeling Dada's hat. Yikes, I just noticed my tummy is in this picture...but it's kind of hard to tell how big it is proportionally.
This was today - Joshua loves to wear these sunglasses now. One of his very first tantrums (very very long ago) was on a really bright sunny day, I tried to get him to wear these for the first time. We were out in the parking lot and he was in his stroller, and he truly screamed bloody murder until I gave up. He was terrified of them. Clearly he didn't see their fashionable nature, but now he likes to wear them around the house.
Now that pretty close to none of my maternity pants fit anymore, I'm starting to feel very envious of Joshy's incredibly comfy pj sets that he has. Maybe I could find some in my size.
On another note, after finishing this blog post, I'll have completed 28 things on my to-do list for this week. There are still 23 other things, but most of those have been on there a long time. I'm getting a bit caught up though, so that's good. I'm not sure what I'd do without to-do lists. Oh man, I REALLY need to eat now. I'll write again someday.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Our girls still haven't been away from both of us at night besides the one night I was in the hospital that Aron stayed with me. It was harder on me then them for sure! I am glad you guys got to enjoy that before the next baby!

Sydney said...

I've been trying to decide which pictures I like best. They're all great, but my favorites are Joshy doing his calculus, and Joshy reading his Grandma Loves Me book and wearing Nathan's hat. Joshua has such style! Manda, these are wonderful pictures. Love you all so much. Mom

Anonymous said...

Long hair or short, Joshy is adorable. I, too, love the picture of him working on his calculus homework - in preparation for becoming an accountant or engineer? - and the one wearing his watches. (That one reminds me just a bit of Chloe and her bracelets.) Too cute!
Love you all, Aunt Lynn

Jen said...

I love the picture of you and Joshua on the couch. He is still the cutest fat-baby ever.

Anonymous said...

Glad we got to see you guys while we were there! It was really sad, the next day after we saw you (Sunday), Dan pulled a big tub of legos out of the game closet at their house! Joshy could have been playing with those the whole time! Your picture made me think of that!