Monday, March 24, 2008

A first birthday party...

...comes only twice a year (for Joshua that is). Joshy got to have his Palmer family birthday celebration this past Saturday. We also were celebrating Easter, so I made a bunny cake. This was inspired by at least one (there were probably more) bunny cake my mom made years ago. Here is the wonderful process I went through. At the end you will see my fat baby thoroughly enjoying his cake!




He enjoyed blowing out the candle, and then we gave him one of the ears! At first he was hesistant and just played with the frosting, but as you can see, he REALLY liked it once he tried it! He probably would have eaten the whole ear, so we had to take it away. Then he REALLY needed a bath. What a cute baby!

7 comments:

Skippy said...

I think he ate more cake than anyone else. He then styed up 2 hours longer than usual. oops.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful bunny cake - love the blue eyes! Lucky Joshy to get a whole ear. Can't wait to give that rabbit-eating cutie a big hug!

Brittany said...

Wow! What a cute cake! I attempted to make a firetruck cake for Parker's first birthday...well...long story short, it turned out to be a big red blob that stained his face for a week! Yours turned out much better! Thanks for posting the link for Parker's contest! I will let you know if he wins!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alicia said...

I am really impressed with your cake decorating skills! Very cute, just like Joshua!

Jen said...

What a good mom! I made Katie a bunny cake once... She was too old and though it was corny as I recall!

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna put myself out there and be perfectly honest. I check your blog almost every day and I was quite sad to see Joshua's birthday pass with no new videos. (Insert very, very sad looking Ashley right here). I was counting on seeing the real deal (up close, in full drooling wonder) but with the change in plans I thought perhaps I could survive with just a video. Now... I don't know what I'm going to do.