Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Rats!

So the other day I was at Home Depot, picking up some bug killer, in the same aisle as a lot of other pest control items, and then about 6 feet from me, this HUGE RAT goes skittering across the aisle.  It was dark gray and the body was probably about 8-10 inches long – a BIG rat, I’d say.  I don’t know how long the tail was.  It was the middle of the day, and in general it just really creeped me out.  I told a guy working there and he was like, “oh that’s nothing…we have some rats that are about the size of a cat.”  Riiight.  Gotta love that response.  I suppose it is pretty normal for there to be rodents getting into a building supply store like that, and he told me that it was probably out during the day because it had eaten some of the rat poison that they’ve set out and it was dehydrated.  So I guess I feel mildly bad for the rat, but I’d prefer that it didn’t surprise me ever again.  Probably it won’t surprise anyone ever again, huh?  I don’t want to buy bug killer anymore.

2 comments:

ThE RaSmUsSeN's said...

that's just gross, but I do a little bad for it!

Jen said...

Ewww!! My sister works at HD. I'll have to ask her if she's seen any cat-sized rats scurrying around!