Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mothers Day

I think Mothers Day is more meaningful to me on the years when i have a little baby. In 2007 and 2009, the boys were not even 2 months old, and this year my little Katie pie is less than 6 months old, and still so little. I was thinking about why it feels more meaningful these baby years, and I think it is because my focus is SO intent on this tiny creature that nearly my whole identity is tuned in to my role as a mother. Granted, I was managing apartments in the two other years, but my main focus was still feeding, changing, and getting baby to sleep. I adore my sweet baby and my sweet boys, and I am so blessed to be a mother. It is tiring and frustrating and suffocating at times - I remember that for months after Joshy was born, I could not get it through my head that life wouldn't just "go back to normal" after a little while. Life was never the same and I really mourned my independence for awhile. Now I know that we will have time to ourselves again in 18 or 20 years, and while that seems so far away now, I have heard from so many people that it goes so much faster than you expect. I love my children so much. While each new stage with Joshua brings up so much confusion and fear of doing the wrong thing, I recognize what an amazing little guy he is, and know we must be doing something right in our parenting.





1 comment:

Frank and Evelyn said...

I'd say you're doing lots of things right in your parenting. You're an excellent mom and it's obvious to everyone that you love your children so very much.