Monday, December 10, 2007

Good busy

It's nice to be "good busy" rather than stressful busy. Certainly things are still happening here at the good old apartments - multiple leaks, apartment showings, etc., but nothing like the high pressure of last week's visitors. So we've filled our time with some more exciting stuff! On Friday we went over to Nathan's parents' to celebrate his Dad's birthday, which was fun. Joshua had a good time except for right after the candles got blown out on the pie. For some reason he gets pretty upset when candles get blown out - see this page (bottom 2 photos) for another demonstration: http://www.insanityinc.net/nathan/joshua/7-27.html It doesn't seem to be the clapping afterwards...I'm not really sure what it is. Anyway, Friday was fun. Then Saturday the three of us did some Christmas shopping and then went over to some friends' house for dinner - that was a lot of fun! They have 4 kids and it made me feel like I did want to have more kids...often lately i've been pretty terrified of the idea, but it was fun being at a home filled with happy little kids - and dinner was delicious! Then Sunday we went to church (Joshua and I came home early cuz we both weren't feeling real well, but we both felt better after taking it easy for a little while) in the morning. Then we went to McMinnville to watch the stake concert of the Messiah by Handel. If you have never seen or heard it, you really really should. It is an incredible musical masterpiece. Nathan and I sang in it a few years ago and I was so glad to get to see/hear it again this year...really gets me feeling the true spirit of Christmas. Ashley and Adam watched Joshua while we went to the Messiah and then we had dinner at Adam's Dad and stepmom's house afterwards. Three nights in a row of delicious meals cooked by others - always a good thing! Speaking of delicious meals...I cannot wait for Christmas!! Sorry we still don't have pictures updated on the calendar. It's been a busy time, and then it's been so long that it gets really overwhelming, but I know Nathan is working on it! We need to get Thanksgiving pictures from my parents - I'm sure we'll get those soon and then we can post them. Here are a couple of sneak previews of recent pictures, though. Well there is much to do today - I decided I should post first so that I was sure it would get done. Hope it is a good week for all.


Oh and Joshua got his third tooth this morning! It is a top tooth, which makes me a bit apprehensive since he is still nursing. We'll see how this goes. Ok now it's time for pictures.



Don't worry - there are tons more pictures that will be on the calendar!!

1 comment:

Krissy said...

manda such cute pictures!

I am so jealous that you got 3 meals in a row that you did not have to cook for yourself. Lucky, Lucky, Lucky!

Good luck with the nursing..you did want another piercing right??? Youch, that is what I am afraid of...Chloe getting her teeth.

Just a few more weeks