Thursday, December 6, 2007

ok seriously

I would like to make a solemn commitment to post on my blog more often. I hate it when people haven't posted on their blog in ages...and I check and check and still no post. Even the joy of seeing a new post doesn't quite dull the frustration of no new posts for a week! Anyway. I'm sleepy, so we'll see how this one goes.


Well the owner and my boss and his boss came by on Monday. I did indeed make them cookies (though I'll admit that i didn't do much other than put them on the cookie sheet), and they seemed to like them. After they left I called my mom and talked to her for awhile about how happy I was with how everything went and I appreciated her being so supportive. After that wonderful conversation, though, I felt kind of talked out about the whole thing!


Our home was clean, our desk was impressively organized, I articulately answered some tough questions, and I even ended up showing the owner this chart I'd made of the increase in gross monthly rents over the last 4 years (which my boss said the owner probably wouldn't be interested in...but he WAS!). The owner was really nice...definitely a numbers guy, focused on the property as an investment rather than a place that people call home, but I don't blame him. It's our job to take care of the people. I was more worried about the big boss being here, but he was fairly tame. We were so so so nervous and I'm so so so glad Nathan was home. He had to take a really long phone call from a prospective resident (and I mean REALLY long), so he missed most of the beginning of the visit, and then he fed Joshua lunch for most of the end of the conversation, but then he got to go walk around the property with them. I'm glad I wasn't there for that part - they were inspecting things pretty thoroughly, but I think the property is looking pretty good in general. Anyway, it went well and I'm so so glad it's over.


Things are going pretty good here. Joshy got to spend time with his Aunty Mindy on Tuesday night while Nathan and I went out to dinner and then to the Oregon Symphony. They were playing at Willamette and Nathan's boss gave us their tickets (for free!!!) because they weren't able to go. I'll admit that I didn't really think I was going to enjoy it. There was a little girl there - probably 7ish, and I asked Nathan if he thought I'd fall asleep first, or she would, but I actually really really enjoyed it. They did Vivaldi's Four Seasons and then two other pieces and it was just amazing. My favorite part is watching the conductor - they go nuts up there...it's hilarious and impressive and wonderful. Many people know they'd love to see a symphony, but for those of you who aren't so sure - if you have the opportunity - go! I think it also really helped that we were in like the 7th row. That was incredible. Oh and the little girl fell asleep before I did.


Here are a couple of Joshua pictures for all his adoring fans out there. We apologize for not getting things onto the calendar lately. As usual, life has just been absolutely crazy, and it won't be a whole lot less busy any time soon, but that's ok. Right now a lot of the busy-ness is good!



Nathan didn't want to go to bed until I did, and he refused to lay on the couch as he usually does, so he is asleep on the floor, so I probably should end this for now. I'll do better at posting, though. Thanks to everyone who reads and comments - I love it! And thanks for taking the poll if you did.


Good night moon.

3 comments:

Krissy said...

I am glad that the meeting went well with your boss and his boss. Good job on the chart as well!

So you like the symphony huh? Well if we ever get the chance, we shall try it out. It also must have been nice to get out without Joshua. I am glad you were able to do that.

Eric said...

Good post Amanda. I'm not surprised you knocked the visit out of the park though because you seem to be a pretty good baseball player.

Also, the Oregon Symphony is a great time. I remember seeing them years and years ago.

And Josh is cute. But you knew that.

Tracy said...

I hear the jealousy dripping from Krissy's comment about the whole date night thing, and I'll go ahead and second that! What a blessing! Ha- even if you would have fallen asleep, it would have been a baby-free nap!

And thank you for the update on the work stuff- its always neat to hear the aftermath of so much work and preparation.

Also, I will vote for frequent posts, too! I'm working on mine for you (and all other 2 faithful readers...krissy...mom...=) ha!
Take care! Miss you Manda!