Friday, December 28, 2007

Holidays

Well we sure had a very special Christmas! It was so nice being up at my parents' for long enough to go visit other people with Joshua and not feel like we were taking away from Grandma and Grandpa time TOO much. They got a chance to spend a lot of time with him, and we got a chance to show off our adorable fat baby! I'll write a more wordy post soon, but I wanted to post some wonderful pictures for everyone to see. They are not in any particular order.

We did indeed have a white Christmas - just the perfect kind, too, because it was really snowy and beautiful, but not icy for driving. That was so nice.


We visited Aunt Ashley and Uncle Adam over at Ashley's mom's house in Bothell. That was a lot of fun - her mom and sister were pretty excited to see Joshua, but their little dog was not pleased that Joshy was getting all the attention.

We went and visited the Averys - they were my second family all throughout elementary school - the first picture is with Laura (we spent pretty much every waking second together for about 8 years!) and the second picture is Linda - Laura's mom.


Joshua got to spend a lot of time with his Uncle Geoffy - they got along quite well!

Joshua has one great grandma on my side of the family, and we went to visit her - she was SO happy to get to spend some time with Joshua (and perhaps us...but mostly him!)

Joshua and Dad had a lot of good times together - this was one of my favorite times because my darling baby distracted my dad so much that I was able to win at Settlers!


Isn't it really the little things that babies love the most? He did indeed love all of the gifts he got this year, but at this point, none of them have been quite as captivating as this blue curly ribbon was.
We went and visited Dorothy and her family - another wonderful group of people who I spent a ton of time with in my elementary school years! Joshua had a lot of fun with them!

Joshua sure loves his grandma! They had a whole lot of time together which was really special. This is one of my favorite pictures because Joshy was blowing raspberries on my mom's face and I haven't seen her laugh that hard in a very long time!



There are a lot of other great pictures which will definitely be on the calendar, and I also need to post some pictures from the Palmer family early Christmas celebration!

It was a wonderful and beautiful Christmas, and I'm sad that it is over, but it is nice to return to our home and our routine.

2 comments:

sarah said...

it looks like you guys had a fun week! welcome back to salem. :)

Sydney said...

Dad and I have severe cases of Baby Joshua Withdrawal. We miss him, and you and Nathan, so much, and keep looking toward the guest room door, thinking you'll come out, holding the little cherub after his nap. Thank you for the wonderful visit, all the smiling family-and-friends pictures -- and the happy memories. Please give Mr. Baby a raspberry kiss from Grandma!
We love you all so much --
Mom