Saturday, December 15, 2007

SOMETHING

Ok yes thank you Kris there is SOMETHING going on in my life right now :c)

Busy busy busy these days. Friday night we had a Christmas party at church which was a lot of fun - good food, too. Can you believe it, Mom, I even ate some stuffing! Weeeeird. Joshua did too. He liked it a lot, but did NOT like the green jell-o/cool whip type salad. Fine with his mama - more for me! We had a good time there. Today I was in Lafayette with Nathan's family for most of the day while Nathan was at Capitol Honda (where he used to work) making some money doing their twice yearly parts department inventory. It was nice for him to catch up with some of his old friends from there, and the extra $60 or so will certainly come in handy. We also brought in Joshua and showed him off! It was a long day for all of us, but especially for Joshua. After having some delicious lasagna in Lafayette, we went off to Amity to Ashley and Adam's Oregon reception (they'll have one up in Washington, too...and we'll eat all the food at THAT one also!). That was so much fun - there were a lot of friends there that we don't see often (seems like mostly just at weddings lately), and there were tons of babies and little kids around. As we were driving home, we were trying to name the couples we could think of who were there and didn't have kids. I think we came up with three! And there were quite a few people there. It was a good time, and the food was delicious, and Ashley and Adam seemed like they had a great time too. I think they even both ate some food...often that gets neglected when it's your own party. I'd just like to say on here that I'm so happy for them and glad that they're married and starting off on this new adventurous time together. Ash still has a long way to go in medical school, so they'll be traveling around together as she does her residency, etc. I ALSO want to say on here that it is all because of me that they got together. Well...maybe they might have gotten together if I hadn't done anything about it, but it was a very deliberate matchmaking. All because they used code names for people they kind of had crushes on. So...3 or so years later and here they are! Way to go, me. And them.


Joshy updates - he's doing all sorts of new things...he's moving all around his around-we-go play table, army crawling everywhere, clapping, waving sometimes, babbling, screaming this horrible ear-shattering scream of joy, feeding himself cheerios, all sorts of things. I was realizing the other day that I was never grateful enough during the after-bath period of his early months. Sure he may have been crying his little head off for most of it, but he couldn't roll all over the place and drive me completely bonkers when I'm trying to get him dry, diapered, clothed, etc. Let me tell you, this big fat baby is not all fat. He is VERY strong, and when he wants to go somewhere, it is very hard to get him to do just about anything else. We'll see how that plays out as he gets more mobile and more curious. It will be fun, and terrifying :c)


I hear a rumor that there are a whole lot of pictures on the verge of being posted on the calendar. I hear they are resized and ready to be inserted into html to make the websites necessary for making that calendar magic happen.


Tomorrow should be a good day. I'm nervous about the lesson I'm teaching during Young Women tomorrow - it's called The Sacred Power of Procreation. Super super important topic, but maybe challenging in a class of 14-15 year olds. I'm not worried about them being disrespectful or anything, just not sure what kind of questions or issues might come up, but I think it will be a good experience for all. Just gotta say a prayer beforehand that I will have the Spirit with me and be able to teach what they need to learn. I really enjoy being a teacher to these young ladies, though. They're amazing examples to me and I love it when I get to know new things about them and start building closer relationships. It takes time, but so worth it! It's just so sad when they leave, but then new girls come join the class, which is good too.


Anyway, I should go to sleep now, but I felt so guilted by Krissy that I thought I better post before I go to bed. :c) Maybe a couple more pictures for Joshua's adoring fans would be a good idea before I finish up for the night.


3 comments:

Krissy said...

See I knew you had something to share with us! It seems like you have a lot going on in your life right now. I can't wait to talk more about everything at Christmas!
Oh and can Joshy get any cuter? I keep thinking no, but then I see new pictures and realize that yes, I guess he can be even cuter than before.

Oh and congrats on the couple hook - up, I have done the same and it seems like we hardly ever get the credit. So kudos to you!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you all...especially this adorable little cherub!...and have a good talk at Christmas. Have a safe trip up to Washington.
Love you!

Sydney said...

I've just had a wonderful time catching up on all the new Joshua photos on the calendar! And reading all three of you cousins' amazing blogs and looking at more photos of your adorable babies and toddler.
It won't be surprising at all if Joshy someday follows Cousin Ryan's lead and announces each morning, "I wake up....Let's eat food!"
Counting the days until you're here for Christmas week.
I love you so much,
Mom