Sunday, February 10, 2008

Dressers, groundhogs, and more

It's amazing what things can make you incredibly happy...like the computer monitor that finally ended up at the dump...like the dresser that finally got put together - and now the bedroom that has changed from a disaster zone of clothes and crap EVERYWHERE to a dresser crammed full of clothes, and two neat tidy boxes of things that need to be put somewhere other than those boxes. There is like a 6x8 foot square of EMPTY carpet right there in the bedroom. Trust me, that's amazing. So again we still need to get pictures put up (and RE-put up since we did put some up and then moved all the furniture). I wonder what it is about the two of us that has made us nearly completely inept at decorating our home. Hmmm... I'm tired and posting because I haven't posted in a long time and because my husband said I should.

Oh wait - I just re-read my subject line! February 2nd was a wonderful day - Groundhog's Day. My dear husband always remembers how special this day is to me...he got me chocolates, a cute card, a pot of very difficult to kill flowers (he knows me well), and some of my other favorite candies. Yum yum. I love Groundhog's Day - I have ever since I was little.

I think I'm distracted by stressful stuff related to cat poop, so I will post later when I'm not so stressed. Joshua's calendar is updated http://www.insanityinc.net/nathan/joshua/joshuacal.html and there is a new Joshua video up on youtube! http://www.youtube.com/user/skipdipdawg

I will post again soon - have a wonderful week.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Yay, thank you for tne new post, Manda! I LOVE newly claimed rooms. You should go onto Reclaiming Home and post those pictures, too- encouragement for all of us ladies who have our own craziness to tackle! Also? What is the Groundhog day thing? I was happy about the day because WINTER MAY END SOMEDAY but, is there something more to the story for you? Please do share!

Mandapanda said...

Haha - not much more to the story there, I just always loved it that a funny little creature like a groundhog got his very own holiday. I'm really not a big fan of the Bill Murray movie about this wonderful day...but honestly I don't really know WHY I love the day...but I just know that I DO love the day!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the bedroom. THAT is a BIG accomplishment. Pat yourself (or your husband) on the back, whichever best applies.