Saturday, February 23, 2008

Stake temple night

I don't often post about church stuff on here, but I just had a really good feeling being at stake temple night Thursday night. Nathan went to the temple on Tuesday night because he was up in Lake Oswego for a financial thing, so he stayed home with Joshy while I went. And it wasn't JUST the Burgerville burgers and shakes that our stake president treated our van-load to afterward...I just really enjoyed being there and seeing so many other people gathered together in a very sacred place. I always enjoy going to the temple - it is such a break from the busy-ness and noise of the world - but usually we'll only see one or two people we know, rather than a whole room full of people we have at least seen before. The temple president and his wife spoke at the chapel session while we were there and they are really cool people. I ended up talking with the temple president afterwards also (which was really nice of him because it was already after 9!) because I had a bunch of random temple-related questions, and he was so helpful and kind and funny. Anyway, I guess it's hard to describe how I felt...but I just really enjoyed it and hope we'll make sure to go more often. So tonight there is an adult session of stake conference at the church at 7pm that I'm going to go to and then the general meeting of stake conference is tomorrow morning from 10-12. What a nice break from 12:30 church...it is just a really hard time to have church when you've got a baby. I have heard a lot of general agreement about that from all our friends who have babies.

Well I had planned to write more, but speaking of babies...mine just woke up from his nap and I'm quite certain he is now standing up in his crib pulling on the bars expressing his irritation that I have not yet come and gotten him (I mean it's been like TEN seconds - what a bad mom). So I'll write more later - sorry no pictures this time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mandapanda said...

The comment was some weird spam thing, for anyone who was concerned that something delete-worthy had been said.

Jessica said...

I totally know what you mean about church times!
And although this doesn't have anything to do with this blog, THANK YOU for telling me abuot that comment on my blog! I just recently changed it so I get emailed my comments, so I had NO idea that was on there. How annoying! But I removed it now, so all is good. And we would love to come play with Joshua! Just tell me when!

Anonymous said...

Where have you gone?? I need to see videos of Joshua moving about... Especially since I'm so sick and since you're not coming to our reception... sniff sniff... cough cough...