Wednesday, October 24, 2007

sorry for the suspense

I know I know...I left quite a cliffhanger yesterday with that "to be continued" business. The rest of the day was mildly uneventful - the biggest adventure was that Joshua got to sit in the front of the shopping cart for the first time! Now that he's doing pretty good at sitting up, and doesn't quite fit in his carseat anymore, he's entered the stage where he has to actually be awake at the grocery store. He seemed quite interested in the whole situation...but he was really rather serious the whole time. He wasn't sad, but he didn't really smile either...that's the way he used to be at bath time, and now bath time is one of his favorite times of day! Now I always use the shower sprayer thing to fill his baby bathtub (which sits in the big tub now), and spray him all over while I fill it. He LOVES that...unless I get too much water in his eyes at first. If he doesn't have much water in his eyes, he'll stick out his tongue until I spray a little water on his mouth...then he giggles a lot and kicks his feet crazily and sticks his tongue out again. I love that baby! We haven't gotten any bathtime pictures in a long time...I think it's time to get a few more.

This month we've been working on a budget...well working on actually following a budget. This is the first time I've done this - I have never been super good at managing my money, so it's mildly painful for me. I do like spreadsheets, though (yeah, I know - ridiculously nerdy), so the only part i'm enjoying is setting up the spreadsheet, creating all the equations that show how much in the categories, and the difference, and the running balance, etc. etc. I actually like that part. But I made it so that our monthly income minus our spending is in red...and I don't like it that it's in red. Red means we've spent too much. We still have one paycheck coming in, though. It's been a big month in terms of having bought new glasses for both of us and a year of contacts for me, so that ended up being like $700. i'm quite sure that Joshua is doomed to wear glasses - pretty much everyone on both sides of our immediate family's needs them. I think my brother does, and he's just in denial, but possibly he missed the blind gene...

Baby's crying - poor little sick baby - gotta publish this. bye!

1 comment:

Krissy said...

Yeah we have to budget ourselves now since we are living on school loans and have a child and I am not too thrilled with it. Our moms are probably cringing at the thought of us never doing it before now. But better late than never right?

That is so cute Joshua and the bath tub. You definetly need to get some pictures of it.