Monday, October 22, 2007

wonderful moments

I love my baby - take a look at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu7infUXnz4

That was two days ago - he didn't do it at all yesterday...maybe one or two here and there, but nothing nearly as exciting as that night! I'm sure he'll do it again :c)

Well, there's a new week ahead, huh? What's on my plate for this week? Today there are carpet cleaners coming to work on three apartments, paint people coming to drop off an order of paint and to match a color for our moldings (mouldings?) so we can make more corner pieces to fit on the walls where they have fallen off, and a previous resident coming to pick up coffee they left in their apartment.

I already ordered some new screens, a new weather strip for a door, contacted someone who hasn't finished their application process yet, talked with one of the people moving in tomorrow, contacted our handyman about coming on Wednesday to do a bunch of stuff, and got a good start on all the piles of paperwork for tomorrow's two move-ins. I also called my boss about finding new cleaning people cuz the new ones we started using are no good, and called some other people about getting some forms we're running very low on. Also photocopied a bunch of recycling notices that go with the move-in packets and put together a bunch of new packets after I got new stock of forms. Annnnd I've eaten some stuff, played with and changed Joshua a bunch, fed him two and a half times, and put him down for a nap.

It's not even noon!

Ya know what's weird? When I was filling out my profile for this blog, in the section marked "interests," it took me a long time to fill in a lot of stuff. I'm sure I have a lot of interests, but I feel like in the last few years, I haven't been able to really pursue them very much. My job at Willamette was very demanding and required me to be on campus most weekends and most weeknights, not to mention all day. So I do love camping and hiking, but I sure haven't done much of it in years. I also really enjoyed rock climbing and would love to do that again, but I haven't done that since I was probably 15 - wow, almost 10 YEARS ago! It's kind of sad how much of an effort you have to make to keep doing the things you enjoy doing when life happens.

And now...we have a baby, which certainly puts limits on being able to go out and do stuff, but with this job, I've had stuff I needed to be here at the apartments for on 17 of the last 22 days. So much for days off, right? We're supposed to have 2 days a week off, and I'm really only supposed to work 16 hours a week...but that doesn't really happen.

We have to be very deliberate in our planning and scheduling to make simple trips work - and I don't mean trips like going up to see my parents, I mean trips like going to the park for a walk with Joshua.

I think I have a new goal - to try to make plans to go do things that we enjoy - usually with Joshua and sometimes without him. Now we just have to figure out what those things are!

Since I've gotten a lot of my griping about this job out of my system in the last few days, maybe I'll be able to focus on better things - happier things! I was going to list what else is going on this week, but I don't really want to - it actually could be a pretty slow week, which would be amazing. I don't have anything scheduled that has to do with the apartments from Wednesday afternoon until the first day of November!! Other than faxing in reports on Sunday, but that doesn't take a lot of time. A lot of things may come up in that time and I may end up scheduling plenty of things during that week of freedom, but it makes me happy to look at those blank days!

In other news, I saw three big birds in the trees outside our living room window - I think they were Northern Flickers. One looked like a male and the other two looked like females. They seemed to be acting like woodpeckers, but I don't think they were woodpeckers - they were bigger and brown. That made me happy.

Well, I'm off to put together move-in packets, eat some more food, see my husband when he comes home for lunch, play with Joshy when he wakes up, and do business with all the vendors coming today for various things.

3 comments:

Krissy said...

Manda, that is the cutest video ever! I loved it. Chloe even stopped her squaking to listen to it. He is such an adorable little guy.

Alicia said...

That video is very cute!

Sydney said...

Thank you, Krissy, for posting your comment -- so that this proud Grandma won't be the first to say that This is the Cutest Video Ever!
Amanda, Joshua just wriggles with happiness -- and he certainly looks proud of himself! (Imagine how proud he'll be at Thanksgiving when he says, "Hi, Grandpa and Grandma!" (Of course, Nathan, this will happen after he says, "Dada!")
With so much love to all three of you,
Mom