Tuesday, October 30, 2007

balance and birthday

I never realized that Joshy eating solid foods would be such a help to me! Having him happy in the high chair for 20 minutes or so at a time does wonders for my ability to accomplish things...unloading and loading the dishwasher, making breakfast/lunch/dinner, maybe doing a little cleaning...he is a slow eater, so sometimes he won't want to just take a bunch of bites and be done - he'll take 3 bites and then chew on the tiger thing attached to his high chair table...smearing peas or peaches or garden vegetables all over it and then being quite delighted a few minutes later when he finds his tiger to be very delicious all of a sudden. He's quite the character.

Another thing I'm learning is that sometimes he wakes up from a short nap very very upset, but I can fairly easily get him to go back to sleep. For the first months of his life I just always assumed naptime was over - short or not.

It is Joshua's 7 month birthday today! Honestly, I do not think that the past 7 months have gone fast. I really don't think they've flown by. Well I think his second half of the nap IS over now...so I'll cut this short.

No comments: