Thursday, November 1, 2007

sick...

Well Joshua and me have been sick the last couple of days...he's taking it much better than me, though. I think that babies can give sickness to their mom, but they're immune to sickness from their mom...that doesn't quite seem fair! I think moms should be immune too! It's challenging to take care of mr. baby when I'm exhausted...I'm so grateful that Nathan has been able to come home early yesterday and today - he is an amazing dad. Joshua has learned all sorts of other consonants now...so even though mamamamama was first, now he's saying dadadada and bababababa etc. It's so stinking adorable. I love him - have I mentioned that before? I think I have. We have run out of blank video tapes, though, so we need to go get some more to record all this new vocalizing, or at least tape over some of Nathan's bird footage (if you haven't seen his footage on YouTube, check it out - his channel is skipdipdawg).

I've been feeling a little bad that we haven't had our ad up on craigslist for the last couple weeks, even though we have two apartments opening up in a few weeks, but I've just been tired of all the phone calls and visits. Also - we don't have an empty apartment to show until they actually are ready to be rented, so it's hard when people come to the apartments and I can't show them one. We had someone call today, though, and they are interested and visiting on Saturday - so I hope that'll work out and we'll have one of the apartments committed before it's available! That'd be fantastic.

Joshua has been an amazing sleeper today - he took a 2 hour nap this morning and now has been sleeping for about an hour already! Yesterday he would barely sleep for more than 20 minutes at a time...and that was mostly in my arms. So today is a good day.

My dear husband is home, so I may go take a nap or something equally exciting.

Have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Krissy said...

I am sorry that you two are feeling sick. Has Nathan gotten sick yet as well or is he the lucky one? Definetly get your sleep. I have noticed that it is the best cure to any ailment... cold wise.

Good luck getting those two appartments rented out. It would be nice if they both rented without having to do any advertising for them.

I can't wait to see all of you at Christmas either.