Monday, January 14, 2008

cleaning update

Not very exciting, but I thought I'd write a quick update of all that was accomplished before the 2-week time period was up, and all that still needs to be done:

I accomplished:
Kitchen Cabinets
Microwave
Oven
Refrigerator
Light Switch/Outlet Plates

So we didn't quite get it all accomplished - still to do:
Front Bath/Shower
Patio Door
Dust Dining Room
Dust Master Bedroom
Master Bedroom Ceiling Fan
Dust Joshua Room
Joshua Ceiling Fan
Doors

Nathan didn't tell me that this was his goal (doing everything on the list within the 2 week time frame) until about Thursday, I think, so I hadn't been motivated until then to do those big things. And some of those things certainly don't need to be done every two weeks (well, maybe Ashley would disagree), so I'm not sure when the next time will be that we'll be trying to accomplish everything within a two-week period, but we'll see.

On my super exciting agenda for today (work-related):
Call resident about washing machine
Call resident about paying the rest of their lease
Get 30-day notice confirmation paperwork ready
Put up newsletters on doors - probably during Joshua's afternoon nap, or maybe while Nathan is home for lunch
Print out tons of monthly paperwork and get it all ready for sending in on Wednesday, so I don't need to worry about it Tuesday night or Wednesday morning (when I usually end up doing it)
Organize desk

Home stuff:
Go grocery shopping
Finish December's budgeting (meaning doing the record of everything we spent...though I really don't want to know)
Eat breakfast (well more than the bowl of cereal I just finished), lunch, and dinner
Make dinner
Take care of my beautiful baby boy

Wow - that list of home stuff isn't very long! Exciting! Well on to the work stuff while Joshy is napping.

Oh - yesterday was a lot of fun - Nathan's mom and dad and Mindy came over and we had dinner and played Cranium, and sang Happy Birthday to Nathan over some birthday banana cream pie. I think on Wednesday (Nathan's big #26) we're going to head over to McMinnville and grandma is going to watch Joshua while we go out to dinner at Ruby Tuesday. We used to go there on our date nights when we lived in McMinnville and we miss it! Salem has a lot of good restaurants, though, and the Best Little Roadhouse is like 5 minutes away, which is really nice in terms of bringing Joshua or making dinner kind of quick if we have a babysitter.

I haven't had "Amanda time" in quite awhile...I don't even remember the last time, so sometime soon I should make that happen. I'm not sure when, though. Anyway - I need to get lots of stuff done (gotta take advantage of this whole naptime thing while I can!!) I'm working on posting more, so hopefully you'll hear from me much sooner than a week from now!

1 comment:

Krissy said...

Way to go on accomoplishing most of the things on your list. I know it can be tough to do everything with a baby and to add work to the list, well good luck getting anything done!

Please tell Nathan Happy Birthday for us. I hope you both have a wonderful time out. Oh and make sure you make time for some Amanda time, every mom needs it!