Friday, January 4, 2008

Furniture moving!!

So I don't know about you, but I generally am a big fan of changing things around...it just seemed like we didn't have any room to...but then we got an internet jack installed in the dining room, so we could move the computer and desk over there. Here are the before and after pictures of our living room.

Before, the entertainment center, big bookshelf, and little bookshelf were on the left wall, the desk and filing cabinet were taking up all the room on the center wall, and the couch was in front of the window on the right. To the right of where the top picture is taken from is the fireplace and Nathan's recliner. I couldn't find any good "before" pictures with those in them, so just imagine.



And NOW, the entertainment center is on the center wall, the couch is on the left wall, facing the windows, and Nathan's chair is on the right, with a cabinet on the wall where his chair had been. We've got a pretty nifty gate thing set up so now little Joshy (look close - can you see him?) has TONS of room to play safely. I'm so happy with it!


Now this room is looking very good and the rest of the apartment is a disaster. Once I get the dining room sorted out, maybe I'll take pictures of that. Maybe someday we'll be happy with our bedroom, but that is DEFINITELY a room that needs some serious work, as well as Joshua's room. *sigh* We'll get there. We have a big dresser that needs to be put together, so now that there is space in the living room, we're going to use the fence/gate thing to section it off a bit more and use part of the floor to put together the dresser. It should only take a couple of days because the glue has to dry overnight for part of it. We've had that dresser box (and it's a big box) sitting in our hall for about 5 months, so I'm pretty excited we have room to put it together now. So that'll help a bit in our bedroom, but there is a lot more stuff in there that we need to deal with. I have no idea how we'll survive when we inevitably move to a smaller apartment at some point (we couldn't afford an apartment this nice, so we'll see how long we live here!).

Off to accomplish a few things for work, and then hopefully I'll be able to get the dining room all set. Hopefully that doesn't just mean carting everything into our bedroom and shutting the door as it often means. Ah well.

2 comments:

sarah said...

I love all the work that we parents do to make things "baby proof." :)

Krissy said...

Way to go! Don't you love it when everything seems to go into the correct place finally? I know I do. Good luck getting your dining room set up to your specifications and I hope the dresser assembly goes well.

Oh and I found Joshua, do I get a prize???