Sunday, January 27, 2008

I hate...

...being sick!

It's frustrating not going to church or not going to game night or not going anywhere because of a stinking cold. I had a blast at the birthday party yesterday and then came home and crashed. It's not that I can't function or anything, it's just that if i'm constantly sniffing (as I was yesterday while having fun with friends and adorable babies), I come home completely congested with a headache and well...it's not pretty. And this morning I woke up and had to um...clear out my nose and sinuses for a long time to be able to breathe at all comfortably, so I just need to be next to my kleenex box all day and use it instead of sniffing. Sorry for the details, but you must remember that I initially created this blog to vent, so occasionally I will take a break from updates on my dear little fat baby to vent some more.

So in the last few days Joshua has decided that he is becoming a lot more independent with his eating. While he usually will eventually eat the stuff we're trying to feed him (especially if he refused most of his food at his last meal), he's been waving his hands and shaking his head until he gets some sort of finger food. This was, of course, after I just went and bought a bunch more jars of baby food. But anyway, he's starting to get more adventurous - finally! So he's been having a blast feeding himself bananas, kind of enjoyed canteloupe, liked some cut up green beans, though they were tricky to eat, and of course he always loves his cheerios (he generally gets multi-grain cheerios now - what a cheerio gourmet!) and cracker type baby food snacks. So this week he's going to be trying some beans and non-baby-food veggies. He's also enjoying yobaby yogurt - we've been doing that for the past few weeks. He was not at all interested in the cheese I tried to give him, but we'll try that again with different cheese, and he doesn't like chunks of bread, even though he did a few months ago. Little pasta shells also weren't interesting, but he's going to have to learn to like pasta very soon! Today he was very interested in my blueberry muffin so he got a few bites of that. Then I got jealous because it was my breakfast and ate the rest of it.

He is at church with his dada right now, so hopefully it is not too rough of a 3 and a half hours (they went early for choir - I think Joshua is a tenor) for daddy and baby. It's a hard time for church for babies who still take an afternoon nap. Church starts at 12:30 and goes til 3:30, which means that a lot of these babies just skip their nap entirely, or just have their day thrown off. I think 10:30 was a hard time, too, and 8:30 is just hard on ME, but hopefully this year will be fine...and then we'll go back to 8:30 again! Joshua is still taking two naps - one starts somewhere between 9 and 10 generally, and one starts somewhere between 2 and 3. And then he's going to bed around 8:30 and waking up for the day around 7:30. What a change from those difficult first months! I am truly grateful. I still breastfeed him three times a day, and I'm not sure how long that will last...we'll see. I've planned on nursing until he's about one, but maybe he'll decide when he's done - I don't know.

Well, I'm feeling pretty wiped out so maybe I'll go try to sleep...or maybe I'll read a book - wow it's been a long long time since I've just laid in bed and read a book. That sounds like a great plan. I better post some Joshua pictures before I go, though, huh? Nathan is working on getting the calendar updated, but it's been a pretty busy time for us. When isn't it, though, right? Ok well on to the pictures and then on to some quiet time for me.



Just for a special treat, I thought I'd post a picture of what I looked like about this time last year - can you believe it??

1 comment:

dorfee said...

Amanda,
If Joshua isn't fond of cheese, he is certainly my buddy for life. I loved the baby laugh after dumping his food.
Dorothy