Saturday, January 12, 2008

Thoughts

I didn't write much in that last post because I didn't want to forget to post pictures for all of Joshua's adoring fans, but I'm sure I do have things to say! It's been a busy week, but I'm not sure why I haven't posted. Joshua is doing all sorts of fun new things that I can write about, but maybe it's like when I didn't write in my regular journals for awhile, when I was younger - it just made me feel like there was too much to catch up on so I'd need like an hour of time to write. And I also kind of want to have things to say about me, not just Joshua. That sounds weird, maybe, but it's true. I got offered a full-time job at Willamette yesterday - temporarily filling in for someone in Residential Services who is going on maternity leave. I think it would be temporary, anyway. I turned it down, though - I don't have any sort of motivation to be working full time again - I really enjoy being home with Joshua, and this apartment management job takes up a lot of time, and the politics of working at Willamette (at least the politics between Residence Life and Res Services) were tiring and frustrating. I'm not sure how it would be to be on the other side of the battlefield :c) After Nathan is finished working on some maintenance stuff, I'm going to take the car to get it deep cleaned. While I'm waiting, I'll work on the lesson I'm teaching tomorrow. We have this goal of getting everything on our chores list done within this two week period that ends tomorrow. We have 13 things left to do - I was going to post more, but I really want to go work on some of it while Nathan's busy.

Real quick, here are the things that are left from our list (our list has 44 chores on it):
Kitchen Cabinets
Microwave
Oven
Refrigerator
Front Bath/Shower (as opposed to back bathroom...not just the front of the shower...)
Patio Door
Dust Dining Room
Dust Master Bedroom (a terrifying task)
Master Bedroom Ceiling Fan
Dust Joshua Room
Joshua Room Ceiling Fan
Light Switch/Outlet Plates
Doors

My plan is to try to accomplish these things today:
Kitchen Cabinets
Microwave
Refrigerator
Dust Dining room
Light Switch/Outlet Plates

And maybe the others. I'm thinking we probably won't get everything done by the end of the day tomorrow, but we'll see.

Ok I'll post again soon - I know that updates on Joshua's new skills and tricks and accomplishments would be greatly appreciated, so I will do that next time!

1 comment:

Sydney said...

Hi to the busy Panda!
It's good to see you posting about yourself, as well as about the brilliant and adorable Joshua. Even though you don't want the job at Willamette, it must have felt really good to have been offered it. They remembered and valued your professional talent enough to have wanted you back. And I can sure understand why you don't want to leave your baby. I'm so proud of you and love you so much,
Mom