Friday, November 30, 2007

Thanksgiving

I was telling myself, "Ok I'll wait until Kris posts, and then I'll post..." but then Kris posted and Tracy posted and I still didn't post! Well now I'm back to the blogging world. It's been a crazy week, but first I'd like to write about how much fun Thanksgiving was.
We drove up to Brier on Tuesday night, and we stayed until Friday evening. It was so much fun! The drive up was rough because Joshua cried for about 2 hours. He got a tooth the next morning, so we're thinking probably that was the problem.
Mom set up a playroom in their new house, and I had no idea how excited I would be to see it. I spent a LOT of time in the playroom while we were there - mostly playing Legos. It had been a very very long time. Here are a couple of photos. Nathan did much of the work on the space shuttle, and I did much of the work on the platform. At first, Nathan tried finding the exact right pieces, but then gave up and we just found pieces that would fit when we couldn't find the right ones.



Wednesday night, Nathan and I went out on a date to Olive Garden while Mom babysat Joshua. Unfortunately we didn't get a lot of good pictures of the two of them together, but they had a great time. It was so nice for us to get to go out, and I think Grandma really loved her time with the baby!

Joshua was definitely not a big fan of going to sleep at night with all the exciting things going on - we had a hard time getting him to sleep before 9:30 when he usually goes to bed at 7:30 or so! He was a happy baby in the morning, though! And he got to spend some good times with Grandpa in the morning, too.


Here is the beautiful table before everyone showed up!


He had a great time eating with everyone else with his brand new Thanksgiving bib.

And here are some cousins that he had a whole lot of fun with!!

I made those last couple of descriptions pretty short cuz my dear little baby is crying in his crib, so I gotta go get him. He had a fairly good nap, though, and a very good one this morning. Ok I'll post again soon!

3 comments:

Frank and Evelyn said...

Thank you for putting up cute pictures of our adorable grandson, especially since Nathan hasn't added any to the calendar for a while. We need to figure out when to have our Palmer Oregon Christmas. Talk about it and I'll call tonight or tomorrow.

Krissy said...

Manda what wonderful pictures! Aunt Sydney and Uncle Lee look so happy in them...as well as that chubby little Joshua!I miss seeing you as often as we did in the past,and I really can't wait for Christmas when we get together. How many teeth does he have now?

Tracy said...

Aw! So very cute! Seeing pictures of your mom's table brings back great memories...remember that yaer that she made homemade ravioli? SO Yummy! I can almost smell the authentic Italian home cooking from your pictures.

Also, it cracms me up that you played legos so much this weekend- it seems like the older you get, the more you can appreciate things like legos- so fitting that you had a boy first. What fun you will have together! =)