Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 25

Soon I'm gonna have to decide which table this playhouse is going to go on. I had been thinking it would be the card table...but then I'm feeling like the card table is SOOO small...but the kitchen table would make for a very big playhouse. A lot of felt. But felt isn't that expensive...

Well I don't think we're going to buy another table any time soon, and unless someone jumps in and says they have a table we can have, I think I'll make it the dimensions of our kitchen table. What I want to start doing is measuring the size of things...because there are a lot of things that will be flat on the playhouse - not detachable, as many of the things I've made are (except for Buddy, the owl, and the mailbox).

Nathan's cousin Deb said that she has a bunch of felt I can use, and I'm really excited about that! No matter what color it is, I will definitely be able to use it!

Not sure if I'll get anything finished tonight...I'm not sure what is next on the agenda. We'll see. I just added a bunch of pictures and changed some from the first couple of days so they are more uniform (on the table). I like it that the table I've taken all the pictures on is the one that will be the playhouse (i think!).

::::
Ok, I just spent like half an hour looking for a template or drawing for a brontosaurus that I'd like to use for the playhouse...but I couldn't find one I was happy with. So I drew my own...I mean, I would have had to anyway, to be able to print it out the right size (bigger than a standard piece of printer paper), but mine is kind of a compilation of several. Hopefully I will have the right amount of felt!! Off I go to cutting, tracing, and more cutting!

::::
12:48am - finished my brontosaurus.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

SO cute! This play house is such a good idea! It seems way out of my craft league though. Especially if you have to draw things. I couldn't draw something that looked right to save my life! But then again, Aron can, I could always make him draw the templates.. Maybe one day when my kids are healthy and we can come over and play you will have to show me how the making of these things work!

Mindy Sebastian said...

So cute! Nice job Amanda. That's a great little brontosaurus. I'm looking forward to seeing it all done too!

Aunt Lynn said...

This little brontosaurus is so very cute. Your creativity is wonderful! Joshy and Henry are going to have an amazing time playing in - and with - this house.

Sydney said...

Manda the Creative Panda -- Your brontosaurus looks so friendly! Joshy and Henry will have so many imaginary adventures in their playhouse. I'm SO proud of you.
Love, Mom

Trillium Fairy said...

This brontosaurus is perfect! :)

roland aguila said...

nice