Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 26

I made 4 flat strawberries today, because I liked the little seeds on the third one that I stuffed so much and wanted to do more like it, but I will put them on the playhouse, not detachable.
I will have to take a break from the playhouse at some point before the boys' birthdays to make them the gift that I'm hoping will turn out really cool - I'll post pictures after I give it to them, so after April 3rd (Henry's b-day, and Joshy's is March 30th).

We are going to a "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?" activity for church tonight - that will be fun! Hopefully the boys will do well with getting taken care of at the church.

Oh and now Joshua is requesting that there be a kiwi vine in the garden, with kiwis on it!

:::
I finished a cloud...instead of doing the dishes. It's almost midnight...I think I'm going to do the dishes.
:::
I didn't do dishes...I looked up articles and checklists online about possible things we might find out after Henry's evaluations in the next couple of weeks...and continued to be worried about the possibilities I've been worried about. I want to be wrong, but my gut tells me I'm not. This is a much heavier topic than the fluffy little stuffed cloud sitting on the desk waiting to be photographed and added to the box of playhouse treasures...but it's a real thing in our lives. He has an appointment Wednesday (the 3rd) and then one the following Thursday (the 11th). I feel like I'm prepared to hear that something serious is going on...but I guess I won't know if I was truly prepared until the time comes. Hopefully he'll just jump back on track on his own, or we'll be able to help him get there without there being some underlying lifelong issue. But if there is, I know we have friends and family all around us who will be supportive and wonderful. He's such a happy guy, with a sense of humor - very social and interactive - good at figuring things out and playing, but he's got a ways to go to be where it seems like he should be verbally, for sure, and motor-wise as well. Maybe we won't get any definite answers in the next two weeks...but maybe we will.

I should have gone to bed long ago...there is too much information on the internet - so helpful and educational, but such an overload. And then when my mind is cluttered with stressful things, I go and read each blog that has been updated so that I can de-stress...and then it is 1am. Nathan will be getting up for basketball early tomorrow morning, and so will I...not for basketball. I hope it isn't a rough night otherwise.

4 comments:

Frank and Evelyn said...

If Joshy keeps adding ideas you'll have to use both the kitchen table and the card table in order to have room for everything. I love your beautiful artwork your hand stitches are much more even and perfect than mine would ever be.

Frank and Evelyn said...

Did you add to this after you posted or did I get distracted and only read the first half? Our prayers are with you and our sweet Henry, and with those who will evaluate him.

Amanda Palmer said...

I wrote it later - when I put the little ::: marks on the post, it means there was a time lapse...so no you commented long before I wrote more on the post. Thank you for the prayers! We're looking forward to having some answers this week and next week...or at least some advice, if not answers.

Trillium Fairy said...

I am really enjoying seeing the different parts of the playhouse; they are turning out so nicely.
Also, Robin and I are hoping and praying for you guys. We love you!